Tuesday, November 10, 2015

NOVEMBER

November 2, 2015

I can't believe that it is November already! Blows my miiiind! I feel bad but I don't have much to write about this week. My companion and the other two sisters got sick at different times during the week and so with that I've had to stay inside the apartment a lot. it was nice. I drank hot chocolate and did nothing.'My companion has bronchitis and we spent one of the days in the doctor's office.  It rained a lot this week too. We were taking a picture in the street because it was flooded and this guy drives by in a city truck and was like "You guys know the sewer is right there don't you? You're standing in poop water" We went home and showered.  It didn't stink or anything but it was still gross. I almost threw up. 


Standing in the poop water

We will find out sometime today about transfers.  Hopefully sooner than later. Tomorrow is transfer day. This area has ended up being pretty good but I think I'm about done. I feel like I have knocked on every door in this place! 


Sister Tovar wants to be under my umbrella 



I let Timmy paint my nails. He begged me!


Halloween was pretty lame.  Not as lame as my 4th of July. We had to be in by 6.  I dressed up as a Jehovah's Witness. (I just took my tag off)  I bought a Halloween Mad Lib book. I felt like I was in 3rd grade again. It was so funny.  We had a good time with that. 


My cute Mexican Spider Man



I'm teaching my recent converts my ways 

On Halloween day we went to a baptism of one of the elders in our district. It was of this father who has been on parole and he has a son who is 30 or so who has down syndrome. His name is Aaron. Aaron has been begging the missionaries to be baptized for over a year but since he is a perfect being he didn't have the need to. The family said that it was okay and the elders talked to the Bishop and they let him be baptized. It was one of the coolest baptisms I've been to. Afterward he was standing in the water and he looked up and said that he could see his family. He than hugged the guy who baptized him and just cried. It was cute. 

Aaron's Baptism

This transfer has been great.  I have learned and grown a lot. The people here are amazing and we see miracles cada dia. The biggest thing I've learned this transfer would be the Lords hand in our lives. How he almost always answers prayers through other people. Missionary work is hard but it's the most rewarding thing ever. 


The elders give us their pants to sew. What they don't know is that we always try them on afterwards hahaha



Paco and Sergio



Fat lady skirts


I love you all. Have a great week!
Love Hermana A.Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment