Monday, November 16, 2015

CORPUS CHRISTI

November 16, 2015

I feel like i just wrote yesterday! I'm almost out of time but I'll give a few of the good high lights this week. 

We had to take a family photo with the Barbies 

My companion and I have been trying to work a lot with our members and less actives lately. I told you a little bit about Brother Brunwick last week. His wife died about a year ago. He hasn't been to church in over four years. He gets pretty lonely. This Saturday we are going to set up his Christmas for him. It should be fun. It will be the first time I've ever decorated a Christmas tree in my life! We took over the Lopez twins to go with us on Saturday because we can't go in his house alone. They are 15. They talked about video games and things and had a good time. He also has this really awesome massage chair like the ones in the mall but way better, so I may have enjoyed that for awhile, it was the most magical thing of my life. We then shared a message and I had the thought to invite him to fast. It didn't really have much to do with our message but I followed the prompting anyway and he agreed. We then left and a few hours later he texted us and said, "Well,  if I'm going to fast, I may as well go to church too. What's the address and time?"...... and he came to church yesterday too!!!  I was SO happy to see him there. I felt like a proud parent or something like that. 


My sister's husband's brother! The Oblads meet in the same building as the Ward I am serving in. 

Also, I just got an email from Paco. He is in the Rexburg South Stake. You guys will have to hunt them down and feed them! How crazy. 
All of my companions

Pictures of the Sisters Conference:


Well that's all I have to say. Also, thank you Mom for the pictures of the baby. People ask me how many nieces and nephews I have and i just tell them I don't know anymore. Landon could have a kid for all I know. I sometimes get the thought that I'll have a similar experience as that missionary did on that one dumb RM movie.  You guys didn't move houses did you?!;) Just kidding. Kind of.
Well,  I love you all. Have a great week. Thank you for the love and support!
                                     
Love Hermanita Thompson 

No comments:

Post a Comment