Monday, March 2, 2015

First Email From The MTC!

Hola mi familia y amigos!!

Where to start... This has been the longest week of my life!! My companions name is Hermana Webb. She is from somewhere it Utah Valley, I forgot. We are nothing alike.  She likes to sing and she draws dragons. I made her draw me a dragon to put in my scriptures. She is super nice though and has taught me a lot. I'm not used to having a companion. . The only time I get to be alone is when I poop, so I guess that's nice. There are ten of us total in our District. I'm the oldest. Six Elders and four Sisters including myself. We have all gotten pretty close since we have 8 hours of Spanish classes everyday. The Elders are hilarious. All of the Elders are going to Texas. My companion is going to Georgia. The other two sisters are going to Virginia and Arkansas. Spanish is hard and I hate it. My district is used to seeing me cry at least a few times per class. We all had a good laugh when I got up to throw away a tissue box because I had cried through a WHOLE box. (pathetic I know) I think learning Spanish is worse than math. Things are starting to go better though. I got to have two naps today, it was magical. My favorite part of the day is gym time. The Elders are pretty impressed with my awesome basketball skills. I've beat them in a few games of lightning. The food here is like eating at a elementary school cafeteria but with lots of choices. So I eat a lot of fruit and chocolate milk. I also get to sleep on a bunk bed which was kind of cool until I realized my mattress is made out of rocks and the whole bed squeaks when I move, but its the first twin sized bed where my feet don't hang off so that's a plus. Yesterday was fast Sunday so when we broke our fast we went to the cafeteria and I was super excited, but for dinner they had this gross fake plastic steak and shrimp that we were supposed to break our fast with. I was so mad! So I had like five rolls.Today we went to the Provo temple and did a sealing session and that kind of put in perspective the whole reason why we are here to be missionaries is to bring families to Christ here on Earth. It's calming to be here but overwhelming at the same time. It's hard not knowing a soul but we are all here for the same purpose which makes it easier. My mind is having a hard time but my heart and soul are in the right place. I love you all. Thank you for the letters and support! 

Until next week,  
Hermana Thompson 



No comments:

Post a Comment