Monday, March 28, 2016

HaPpY EaStEr!!!

What up from L town! 

This week was a growing week for sure! Some how I got roped into being in 3 musicals. I think they just liked hearing how awful I sound. We sang in zone conference, YSA branch and I had to sing a solo in district meeting. During the song in YSA I may have made my companion sing an unexpected solo because I couldn't get as high as the song went so I just stopped singing! She has an amazing voice though. She gave me crap for it after. 

I gave a talk in church about the Grace of God and I shared the story about Simon the Pharisee. I love that story!! When the woman who was a sinner, approaches and starts washing Christ's feet and how Christ lovingly teaches Simon that, that woman has more love than Simon. I love how He compares the debtor and the two that owe him money. One owes 500 pence and the other 50 and when the debtor tells them that they need not to pay anything. Who is going to love the debtor more? And Christ teaches that it is the one that was forgiven the most. The deeper the heart ache and sorrow one feels, the more room there is for love. I didn't share this in my talk but that's the reason we have trials! We are able to grow more and to love more. The sooner we come unto the Lord and "wash his feet" the sooner we are to being forgiven and being filled with that love! 

Robert is doing so great! I fasted on Wednesday for him to stop smoking. He decided that he wanted to do it the next day because that was the day that Christ suffered and if he was going to suffer too he wanted to do it on that day! We went over at 8 on Wednesday night and he made us all tostadas. We went outside and Robert smoked his last cigarette. He insisted that he had to wear his cowboy hat while doing so. He cracks me up. We came by Thursday night at around 8 to break the fast with him. He was starving! He told us that he didn't even brush his teeth because he was afraid to drink water! it was the cutest thing ever. He caved and had two cigarettes the whole day! We were so proud of him. He was super sad about it but we reassured him that it was okay and how well he did. He went from smoking 1-2 packs a day to only the two cigarettes that day. We are working hard with him and I cant wait to see him in that white jump suit!! 

 Do you remember the story I shared a few weeks ago about Myron? It was the end of last transfer and we found him on a Saturday night. My companion didn't want to go by him because he was scary looking and I told her that I was going to go talk to him anyways. I made Sister Eggett come with me to see if he was going to come to church with us and he ended up going! Well when I left CalAllen, I made sister Eggett promise me that she would make sure that they kept working with him! We got a text from some of our leaders yesterday. Sometimes they will send out random baptisms that happen. And Myron was baptized yesterday!!!!! At first my pride came in and I was a little upset that I wasn't there for it because he wouldn't have been taught if I hadn't of followed the spirit but then I thought it didn't matter because he was able to be baptized!! It was a tender mercy I think that the Lord was able to show me that "planting seeds" is okay and that i don't have to be there for the whole thing to still make a difference. I don't think we will ever come to know the true impact we have made on this earth until after this life; I just don't want to get there to find out I didn't. So that being said, always open your mouth! I don't care if it's a crappy musical in front of lots of people or if it's asking someone to go to church with you. Don't look back and think "I could have done so much more." The best way Satan works is for good men to do nothing!!!! 

I hope y'all know how much i love and care about you. This life is too short to not be doing what you love! Remember, freedom is doing what you love but happiness is loving what you do! Do it until you love it. 

Love Sister Thompson 

No comments:

Post a Comment