Tuesday, March 1, 2016

January February MARCH MARCH MARCH

February 29, 2016

Heeelllllooo from Texas!!
I'll break it to you now I literally don't have a whole lot to write about this week. I promised my district leader last week that if I was still sick that I would call the mission nurse Monday because I have been sick for 5 weeks.  Last Monday I called her and she made me go into Calallen minor emergency care and go get it checked out. I went in and they did a few x rays and told me that I have bronchitis. I had a hunch that it would be and so i wasn't surprised.  I stayed in for 3 days and slept literally the whole time except for like 8 hours. I don't think my body knew how exhausted it was until I let it rest! 


The Perrys sent me a cute package :) I just love them!

Thursday was my year mark and that was one of the days I stayed home. Sister Eggett stayed home with me and she and I watched "17 Miracles "on our members TV. (perks to living with a member). I felt like the worst person in the world for staying home sick... let me tell ya! If you're sick and don't want to go out and do something just watch "17 Miracles". I felt like the laziest person in the world! There is a reason i was never a pioneer! My heart goes out to them. 

This was church yesterday.  They needed help in nursery and we were happy to help out.
 I made her feed me goldfish crackers.
Reading stories in nursery
Other than that we had to deal with some sister drama. The Lord is teaching me to not speak my mind. We had an exchange as well. The sister that took over training Sister Castro came and I helped her with ideas for the area. It was probably the best exchange Ive had so far. We both learned a lot. I taught her that you can still have fun while doing missionary work and being urgent. They have been struggling with that. She opened up a lot to me and that's always a good feeling as a leader. 

The joys of Texas living!
I'll leave y'all with something spiritual since I don't have much to say this week, something that I have come to realize the past little while is that It's not the things you make up but it's the things that you give up that make you rich. To truly lose yourself is finding yourself. To gain we must lose. Christ gave up His life so that we all could have eternal life. We cannot have success without sacrifice. The world teaches us that everything in life should be easy. How sad. If what we are doing is easy then what we are doing is not worth it. Even Christ himself said " I never said it would be easy but it will be worth it." When things are hard, learn from it. When something is lost, gain from it.  When something is sacrificed, appreciate it. After all, this life is a life of learning. To serve, give, help, sacrifice and lose is to learn.
Missions are not easy. Heck, life isn't easy! But that is why a missionary learns so much. That is how we gain eternal life is because it's not easy! This life is also to help others lives be a little bit more easy. You don't have to be a missionary or a bishop or the prophet to give up your time to help someone else. All you have to be is willing. When life is hard help someone else and I can promise that your troubles will be a little less troublesome! 
I love being a missionary; it's the most difficult and rewarding thing I have ever done. The people that we get to help they help us so much more than they could come to understand! How beautiful is this life! There are 2 things that bring people closer. One is trials and the other is Triumph. When you experience triumph and success and happiness together or when you experience trial, heart ache and afflictions together. That is why the Atonement covers our bad times and our good times. Because both bring us closer to Christ.
I love you all. Thank you for the love you have given me and for the continual support through out this journey! 
Les Amo!
Sister A. Thompson 

No comments:

Post a Comment