Monday, May 11, 2015

HOLA FAMILIA Y AMIGOS!!

I don't have a whole lot to write this week since I got to talk to y'all yesterday! It was good to see everybody! You guys definitely keep me out here. It was hard to say bye. I told my comp that I feel like I'm being torn towards two places at once. I want to be home so bad but I also want to be here so bad. Sometimes it's hard.

For those who didn't get to hear, we are teaching a boy named Julio. He is 17 and has been talking with the Jehovahs Witnesses for two years. The other day when we went over we asked about it and he said that about three weeks ago the guy just randomly stopped coming by. I told him that we started to come by three weeks ago and I pointed out that it wasn't a coincidence. He is such an awesome kid and is progressing so much. He is getting baptized next Sunday. He also told us that he wanted to serve a mission which makes me so happy!

The other day it was 104 degrees outside. I was so sweaty and gross by the end of the day. We had a ward party as well. I must admit Mexican ward parties are a little different! They had Spanish music as loud as the speaker would go! We also had beans and rice and tortillas. Surprise surprise! One of the members had a longboard and so I rode it around the parking lot in my dress. They loved it. Some of them told me I was their hero because they can't do that -- sillies.

Also the Jehovahs Witnesses came by our apartment and tried to bible bash with us. The lady was like "Do you know God's name?" and I was like "Yeah I do, it's GOD!" and she was like "No, its actually Jehovah" then I said, "No, it's not, it's God. Why does it matter his name? He is your creator and you don't need to know it for your salvation" My companion had to tell them goodbye because I couldn't help myself but I did get her to take one of our cards!! Maybe she will look up the church and realize how smart I am. Who knows?

While tracting the other day we went in this one lady's house and started to talk with her. She had to go for some reason so we asked if we could leave with a prayer. Sister Kingsford said the prayer and as she was in the middle of her prayer the lady cut her off and started saying some crazy person prayer like super loud. I was trying so hard not to laugh!!! The lady finished and then Sister Kingsford waited and finished her prayer. It was so awkward. We both left thinking, "What the heck just happened?! "

Some little girls who are less active because their mom won't take them to church because of her papers asked if we would come by and help them make Mothers Day gifts. So we did. I made a fancy little flower card. They had this folder with colored paper in it and on the outside it said "colored shits" the "i" in Spanish makes an "ee" sound. It gave me a nice giggle. They also made sister K and I cards. They were so cute. It's hard to see all of these kids who don't get the opportunity to go to church because their parents are afraid. They told us they wanted to come too. I still am thinking of wanting a school bus to take them all to church. One day.

I don't have much to say this week. It's been a super off week and we have had our ups and downs, but we have lots of work to do and we definitely stay super busy. We are teaching a lot of people but a lot of them aren't progressing either. I'll be sure to keep updates on those who are. I love tracting the most. You never know who you are going to meet. One guy told me that he was thinking he was going to shoot me when we were walking on his property.

We work in the hot sun all day and at the end of the day we know we did a hard days work. I go to bed at 9:30 almost every night. I love you all. The church is true. I'll try and have a more adventurous week to write about next week! Thank you for all your love and support and for your prayers. Have a great week!!
                                             
Love Hermana Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment