Monday, May 9, 2016

Mail from Mexas!

May 9, 2016

Hello my loved ones!
So I don't have much to say this week since I got to talk to y'all yesterday! I remember thinking last time we skyped on Christmas that it would be five months until I saw y'all again and dang the time flew by so fast! Now It will be 3 months until I see you again... in person! Super weird. 

I found Kinzie!!!
This week we had a lot of exchanges. Sister Guzman and I were only together for a full day this entire week. We are still being blessed for our efforts. We had a family come to church yesterday. The mom's name is Elizabeth and she has 3 kids. We are working to get Elizabeth and Jennifer baptized at the end of this month. They are super cool. They have a pet rabbit named Olivia. They also feed us more than our members do so that's nice. They are cousins with some of the members in the branch and that's how we got into contact with them. Last night after skyping we went over there and we were teaching them The Gospel of Jesus Christ. We needed one more member present to hit our goal for the week but didn't have anything lined up. In the middle of the lesson there was a knock on the door and it was the member cousins! They helped us teach the lesson and it was awesome! I know we were blessed for keeping our Skype date on time;) Just like you guys said! 

                                    Not too long ago I was on another exchange with a sister in my area. I still don't know our area very well or even the members so I was a little worried if I could make up a whole day's worth of stuff to do! Haha I'm horrible but it's true. So we went by a lot of less-actives that day. We stopped by and met a lot of members. We still needed to receive and contact referrals so we went to a neighborhood that I just picked and started knocking on doors. The first lady was a little rude and wouldn't talk with us and I asked if we could visit her neighbor next door and she said yes. We walked over and it was an older lady.  I think her name was Maria (surprise). She said that she couldn't talk right now she was watching her nietos (grandchildren) and that her daughter was in the other room sick. I asked her if it would be okay that we said a prayer with her to help her daughter and she was a little hesitant at first and I insisted. She let us in and we had a nice little prayer with her and got to know her a little bit and left. Before we left we asked if she knew anybody on the street we could visit and she pointed out houses. We just kept following the chain. We finally got to this house and knocked on the door. This man opened up the door and he was overly excited to see us, which always catches me off guard because nobody is that excited to see us when we knock on their door. His name is Frank. We got talking to Frank about what we do as missionaries and he was like, "That's the craziest thing- my daughter just asked if we could pray over our food because we never pray so we did and then you guys just showed up!" He took it as a sign and was like "Come in come in! You must have something important to tell me!" We taught them and have set up a return appointment with them but I thought it was a great experience for all of us to see how much God cares about the very details of our lives. How important timing is and if we are doing what is right and we are trying our best even though we don't know what the heck we are doing sometimes that we will be blessed for our efforts!  

We went to the zoo last Monday.  That was fun.
I match the zebra
My companion and me

I love you all. You bring me so much joy. Thank you for all that you do! I hope you have a happy week!
                             Love Hermana Thompson

No comments:

Post a Comment