Monday, May 16, 2016

Hello from Brown Town

May 16, 2016

This was a possum playing dead in someone's yard.  It was super cool.  The tail wrapped around my finger!  We were sitting around having a lesson with these old people we saw outside and during the lesson the dog was trying to eat this possum.  I got up in the middle of the lesson and went over and picked up the possum to rescue it.  My companion that I was with told me later that the man said I was a good person for helping the possum and that I was going to heaven and they were going to hell for just sitting there and watching it.  ha ha!  Who knew saving a possum would set an example for somebody.
Hola!
This week was a good one! We went down to McAllen for three days to have a training by our Mission President for all of the leaders. He also gave us all blessings and that was very powerful. I was a little nervous to get mine. Side story. Last week when I had an exchange with Sister Reynolds (STLT) I told her that I wasn't sure what I am supposed to be learning this transfer. She gave me the commitment to go through all of my areas and write down what I learned from each one and then see what is missing and that's what I need to work on. So I did that and I had a few ideas I had written down. When I got my blessing from President he blessed me with a few different gifts and they were all the things that I thought I was supposed to work on! I thought that was cool. I gained a testimony of following leaders and of the priesthood. He also quoted things from my Patriarchal Blessing. I learned a lot during the meetings too. I realized that I have so much to learn and do before I go home and It stresses me out. When I started my mission I got this idea in my head that I would come home an entirely different person. So much cooler and smarter and changed. Well I got the cooler part down;) Now that I have just a few months I have realized that a mission teaches you HOW to change and be happy and progress. It's not just going to stop after I get home but be a continual life long pursuit of changing and progressing. Anyway that's my little rant. 

Part of the group I came out with at the leader's meeting.

Some of the STLs
I got to work in McAllen for those days and we also got to see the Hernandez family which was super fun. We had a good time with them.

The Hernandez Family


So that giant spoon is full of Pepto Bismol.  My companion and investigators (yes, they are all Mexican) wanted to see how many jalapenos I could eat.  I had like 7.
Jennifer and Elizabeth are doing good. They came to an FHE with us on Monday night and they loved it. While we were gone, Jennifer went to mutual and they also went to another activity the church had. So that was awesome! They are doing super well so keep them in your prayers to continue to progress. 
I don't have too many stories this week since we weren't really here. I'm also out of time. Things are going great and I'm happy to be here! I love you all. Thank you for everything!
Love,
Hermana Thompson 

No comments:

Post a Comment