Monday, March 21, 2016

13 MONTHS!

March 21, 2016

This is a street in our area near where we live
Que Honda?! 


This week was swell. We had lots of exchanges and now that I think about it, Sister Moore and I probably only worked together like twice this week. It's fun to work with a lot of people. I feel like a deer in the head lights when I get back to my area and have no idea whats going on! I just go with the flow. We went to 3 church services yesterday. Ours, the Spanish branch and the YSA. I think God has a sense of humor and is having me make up for all the times I didn't go to church. At the YSA branch this guy came up to us and was like, "Hey this is my girlfriend. She wants to start taking the missionary discussions. Can you guys come over tomorrow?"  We are going by tonight! It took every fiber of my being to act cool. I was freaking out. That is literally the best feeling in the world to a missionary. I know that God is taking care of our area because we are unable to work together as a companionship all of the time. 


The Elders keep asking us to sew their stuff for them: pants, ties, shirts, you name it!  They think we work in a sweat shop or something.  What they don't know is that we always try them on afterwards :) I feel like a giant when they look like high waters on me!  The struggle.
Robert has been doing great. He seriously is my favorite person ever.   He always tells me when we come over, "Ms. Thomas, you're not going to get my cigarettes this time because I hid them!"  It cracks me up.  We were talking with him on the porch yesterday and he asked if we wanted a drink so we said yes. He went inside to go get it and while he was inside I took his cigarettes off the table and put them in my skirt pocket. He came out and we were talking for awhile. We talked a lot about fasting. He had fasted before but not for quitting smoking. I asked if he would like to do that with us this week and I told him to pick a day. He told me Wednesday. I said to him, "Robert if you don't drink water, eat, or smoke a single time during the entire 24 hours,  I promise you that you will not smoke a single cigarette from that day on for the rest of your life." He agreed to it and we will be fasting with him this Wednesday. I have only made a handful of promises like that in my mission and I pray that we will all learn from this miracle that is about to happen! 


Robert and me
We were wearing our church clothes so we had to improvise by wearing garbage bags so that we could help Robert paint 

Yesterday we were on another exchange and we were out contacting. We saw this guy out working on his car so we went and talked with him about his car. Then we told him what we do as missionaries. He said he didn't believe in God but that his wife has come to our church before because her mom is a member. He asked if we wanted to talk with her and so we went inside and met her and she fed us pizza. It turns out this is a super less active girl and her husband isn't a member. So we are starting to teach them. That was another cool miracle that we just "randomly" found them.
I feel a little scatter brained today. I don't have a whole lot to update on this week. Our area is awesome!! It definitely has a close place in my heart already. The people here are awesome. 


You can't see but there are 2 sisters behind us in the car.  We had to take a mattress with us.
I love you all. The mission is going by so, so fast. I can't believe it. I have learned so much and I still have a LONG way to go! Thank you for the love and support:) 

Love Sister Thomas;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment